Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eagle Eye (2008)

I have been very lax on keeping on my movie posts. It is not that I haven't seen movies, in fact I have seen to many. There were so many great movies this summer that I did not have time to keep up. So, I am going to try to get back into the groove. Starting with the last movie I saw, Eagle Eye.

I liked it. I liked it quite a bit. The themes are not necessarily new, but they were combined in a way that has never been done before, and the story was quite compelling right to the end. And I can't really complain to much about the technology and the ideas behind them, something that often bugs me in movies. They did a fairly good job making everything believable and justifiable. And all the characters were strong, interesting, and real.

Speaking of the characters, let's talk about Shia Labeouf. Unlike many people I know, I did not care for Shia in the Indiana Jones movie. In my mind his character was an over-done caricature. He was fine in Transformers, but I thought his character was the weakest part of the Indiana movie.

However, his Jerry Shaw character worked just fine in Eagle Eye. The character felt real from the selfish beginning to the selfless end. And his growth and development as the story progressed was never cheesy or overdone, and in my mind endeared him to the audience. Shia has really shown his ability to be a leading man, albeit a young one.

I really only had one complaint. I wish they had not had quite as much swearing as they did. I don't think the movie was too scary for my 11 year old, but it might have just a little to many swear words, although nothing to kick it out of it's pg-13 rating.

So, yah, I liked this movie.

1 comment:

elesa said...

I'm with you one the Indian Jones thing. His character just felt a little.......forced I guess. Thank you for blessing us with your movie opinion once again!